Cavatappi, dried pasta in the shape of corkscrews, and maybe an easy dinner for your beloved family tonight. The pasta has been named Cavatappi just because of its rare shape. Where many people love to eat it and are familiar with its recipes, there are many people who have heard its name for the first time.
If you are one of them, stay tuned to this article to know everything about this delicious macaroni.
What is Cavatappi Pasta?
Cavatappi pasta is like corkscrew-shaped macaroni and can be eaten with chunky and creamy sauces. Also, you can use it in place of macaroni in any cheese and mac recipe.
The pasta is prioritized and rare among all of the 18 pasta types just because of the unexpected shape and delicious taste, which slows you down to enjoy each bite.
Till now, there have been lots of recipes associated with this macaroni, but the most favorite ones only include cavatappi creamy pasta, and that’s all.
Below the section, you will find out how you can make this recipe and enjoy it with your beloved family.
Cavatappi recipes are broad but mostly used with Italian-style foods such as Amatriciana, Pomodoro, and much more. But if we talk about the famous homemade recipe, this will come first.
Let’s get to know how you can make this delicious recipe!
Creamy Cavatappi Pasta
Creamy Cavatappi Pasta is one of the most loved recipes all around the world, especially in Italy, and a fantastic way to eat Cavatappi. This is because of the great creamy sauce taste, along with the white sauce spinach and sundried tomato mixture.
In addition to this, the use of garlic bread and green salad is perfect for enhancing taste.
All you need to do is to choose the right amount of ingredients and cook properly. Surely, if you cook properly, it’ll be yummy and tasty. Along with this, here are the secrets to this creamy cavatappi recipe:
Al Dente: Cook cavatappi pasta properly to the al dente to enjoy the full effect of this recipe
Baby Spinach: This is what surely enhances your pasta’s taste. This nutritious substance gives mouth watery aroma to your pasta. It’s better to cook this into pasta water at the last minute, so you avoid dirty, extra pots.
Cauliflower Sauce: Take some spices, garlic, and Parmesan, blend, and make a healthy Alfredo sauce. It contains a really good taste and is reliable for your optimum health too because it has all the nutrients of cauliflower.
Sundried Tomatoes: Add chopped tomatoes to give your recipe a savory taste and to make it just right!
- 5 garlic cloves*
- 1 cauliflower of small head (1 to 2.5 pounds), enough for 5 cups florets
- 5 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- ⅛ tablespoon garlic powder
- ½ tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (if divided, more best)
- 2 pound Delallo cavatappi pasta
- 5 cups baby spinach
- 2 teaspoons Delallo sundried tomatoes (if minced, more best)
- 2 tablespoon completely minced parsley
- With these ingredients, you can also add red pepper flakes if you are comfortable with them. Otherwise, it’s not necessary to add this to your recipe.
Pay attention – if you are trying to make plant-based pasta, then you do not need to put all these ingredients. Just replace the first eight ingredients with the 5 cups of Vegan Alfredo and enjoy your pasta.
Follow these instructions carefully step by step in order to make a delightful creamy cavatappi pasta:
- Chop cauliflower, and mince the garlic to make cauliflower sauce
- Put butter in a large pot, add some cauliflower, heat over the flame for 5 minutes until it turns to light brown color.
- Add the garlic, cook for 2 to 3 minutes until fragrant. Now, add ingredients like oregano, half teaspoon salt, vegetable broth, and garlic powder.
- Now, cover all these things and cook for 5 to 8 minutes on medium heat.
- Now, boil the pasta into a large pot of salted water, and heat it for 5 to 10 minutes. After it, add spinach to water in the last 1 minute, cook, and drain pasta and return to the pot.
- In this, you have to blend the cauliflower sauce. Simply, when it is cooked, just carefully transfer it to the blender, along with the broth mixture. Add Parmesan cheese and an additional teaspoon of salt to make it more savory.
- Once you’ve done with this, pour in the cauliflower sauce, add additional Parmesan cheese, red pepper flakes, and chopped sundried tomatoes.
- Taste the paste; if desired, add more fresh ground pepper or salt. Lastly, top your pasta with parsley.
Simple Way To Reheat Creamy Cavatappi Pasta
Leftovers of Cavatappi pasta can be saved in the refrigerator, but if you don’t know the right way to reheat, then, of course, it is a waste. Here, a simple and easy way has been described to reheat your creamy cavatappi pasta leftovers.
- Place pasta in a skillet, add a splash of milk
- Use a ratio of about 1 cup macaroni to 1 cup tablespoon of milk
- Heat over medium flame, and stir until creamy
Place out in a bowl, and enjoy eating your noodles.
Interesting Facts About Cavatappi
Here are some interesting and random facts about the Cavatappi that may add value to your knowledge about it.
- Cavatappi has named by Italians due to the corkscrew shape
- There are one to three rotations that can be seen in a Cavatappi
- Cavatappi was mistakenly made in the 1970s at Barilla in Parma
- Adriano Celentano invented this delicious macaroni
Cavatappi comes up with high nutritional values that ultimately benefit your health. You can eat this delicious macaroni-making creamy cavatappi pasta. In this regard, you just have to follow the easy cooking steps that are described above in the article.